Martin Luther once said, “The hair is the richest ornament of women.” How true this is for the luscious mane that crowns your lovely head, and alas, how untrue for the hair on many other parts of your body where it so dutifully abounds. This has made hair-removal a routine ceremony to be performed, especially by women and nowadays, even by men. Waxing is a very convenient, cost-effective, longer-lasting and quick method of removing this unwanted and unsightly body hair. As it removes hair directly from the roots, one does not need to worry about hair growth for at least 3-6 weeks.
We use the waxperts range of product at the clinic. Formulated for the most sensitive skin yet developed to easily remove even the strongest hair. From brows to Brazilians it grips even the shortest waxed hair and give as painfree a wax as possible.
Waxing is most commonly used for removing hair on the arms, legs, underarms and bikini line. Other parts of body where waxing is frequently used for hair-removal are face, including upper lip, eyebrows and chin, and the chest and back.
We don’t double dip!
Double dipping is a very common practice amongst a lot of salons and is a technique whereby a wooden disposable spatula is dipped into the wax several times for the entire wax treatment. This method can lead to blood and bacteria contamination of a waxpot, leading to cross infection and the risk of passing on viral and bacterial diseases.
At Jardines we use a wooden disposable spatula for every dip, during every treatment, meaning our waxpots are super clean and free of disease.
- Shower/Wash skin before waxing, dry well and do not reply any creams or lotions to the skin.
- Exfoliate the skin well to remove dead skin cells and lift the ingrown hairs.
- Have enough hair at least 1/4”. Over time hair becomes weaker and grows more slowly leading to less frequent waxing.
- Avoid caffeine the day of your wax, it stimulates your nervous system making you more jumpy and alert.
- If you are on Roaccutane or acne medication
- If you are using anti ageing or skin thinning products for facial waxing
- If you are sun burnt or have been exposed to UV rays within the last 12 hours
- If you have varicose veins
- If you are diabetic
- If you are allergic to the product or latex
- Everybody is different. In most cases, you will see minimal hair regrowth during the first 2 weeks, with a noticeable increase after that. For best results you should build up a routine of waxing every 4 to 6 weeks.
- If you have been shaving/epilating/using a depilatory cream, it usually takes approx. 3 to 4 waxes for the individual hair growth cycles to become more in line with each other resulting in a longer lasting, smoother finish. Regular waxing helps you to achieve longer lasting results. However, waxing is not a method of permanent hair removal.
- Always follow the instructions from your therapist, we always apply antiseptic cream to promote healing.
- No hot baths or hot showers for 24 hours.
- No heat,or friction on the skin, so avoid UV exposure, steam rooms, saunas and going to the gym and e.t.c., for 24hrs.
- No creams or lotions on the area unless recommended by your therapist.